Employment Opportunities within DTV Church
Tech Lead – Part Time
Summary Description of Position
The Tech Lead has the responsibility of the technical operations of DTV Church including lighting, sound, production, post-prodcution, and coordinating necessary volunteer and maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to nurture relationships and provide support and encouragement.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with people, both internally and with external contacts.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google, and internet.
- Ability to prioritize, follow-up and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make quick, accurate and appropriate decisions.
- Understanding of how to set up and manage online streaming system
- Sound technician experience
- ProPresenter7 knowledge and experience
- Seek God
- Pursue excellence
- Empower people
- Share the vision of DTV Church with integrity and passion
Specific Job description duties and responsibilities:
- Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the church, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, video, and lighting systems.
- Advises production, lighting, video, and sound design on the technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment required for ministries and supervises the implementation of approved technical designs.
- Oversees and/or performas all post production of sermon on platforms.
- Works with the Worship and Creative Director to supervise and assists with set and stage management
- Assists the Worship and Creative Director with the preparation and control of production budgets and maintains inventory.
- Attends rehearsals for worship, special events, and special services in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of the services.
- Makes recommendations to the Worship and Creative Director regarding capital purchases of technical equipment.
- Attend Sunday morning services to oversee the setup and operation including soundcheck, setup and teardown
- Recruit, train, and empower new volunteers to provide leadership within the Tech Team.
- Provide ongoing, regular mentoring, training, and nurturing for existing volunteer leaders, delegating responsibilities when appropriate and necessary.
- Work with Worship and Creative Director and administration team to maintain a monthly volunteer schedule that is sent to volunteers at least three weeks in advance.
- Communicate weekly and meet monthly with Tech Team volunteers to build ownership and equip individuals to lead other volunteers.
- Follow up with people that are interested in volunteering on the DTV Tech Team, following the established volunteer process.
- Participate in all staff meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
Requirements, Abilities and Qualifications:
In this position:
- Ability to motivate staff and volunteers, coordinate their efforts and integrate activities.
- Ability to research, collect and analyze data.
- Strong interpersonal skills (be a good team member).
- As a leader, the ability to rally the troops and bring clarity to the vision of the church. Stay current on ministry trends and innovations.
- Stay informed about church structure, function, procedures, regulations & policies.
- Complete miscellaneous special projects as assigned.
All employees of the church must be able to:
- Demonstrate the core values of the Downtown Vineyard Church.
- Treat members, visitors and colleagues with dignity and respect.
- Be an attentive listener fully listening to all questions and concerns posed by members and colleagues.
- Adhere to church-wide and department specific policies, procedures, and group norms.
- Apply common sense when it should prevail.
- Participate in weekly Management Team and Pastor’s meetings as they are scheduled.
- Be on time and courteous.
Complete work in a timely fashion.
I have read and understand the above job description, and I will work to the best of my abilities to perform the responsibilities of this position.
Interested? To apply email your resume, cover-letter, and referrals to Joni@dtvchurch.org and Kami@dtvchurch.org
Sundays at 10AM
402 Grand Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Monday – Thursday
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM